will have no problem with brain entrainment sessions, but some will.
It's important to do a thorough physical, mental and emotional
examination and evaluation before any prolonged sessions.
It is also important to have follow-up sessions to see if a person
experiences any of the side effects that are associated with
Also, many people - perhaps in the belief that entrainment is not as
powerful as it really is - will over-expose themselves to frequencies
that can be harmful in excess.
After running across some complaints about side effects reportedly
linked to entrainment products of the Monroe Institute (which the
institute vigorously denies), I did some more research and courtesy of a
man named Jeremy Green,
Typical Side Effects of Brainwave
- Days to weeks after listening to Brainwave Synchronization, some
people report depression.
- Difficulty concentrating (especially when trying to do math or
read) after listening to Alpha.
- Temporary memory lapse/Displacement.
- Abnormal fluctuations in circadian rhythm.
Other Side Effects of Brainwave
Very Sleepy, difficulty waking up. Also difficulty
A few minutes of High Alpha (12Hz) should help.
Dreamlike state. Difficulty concentrating. Many
people have reported seeing "Swirls" while listening to high
intensity Theta waves. Shortened attention span.
Theta Overload Treatment
You should return to normal a few hours later after you have
stopped listening to Theta waves. Also a few minutes of High Alpha
(12Hz) can help.
- One to two weeks after listening to Alpha waves some people report
seeing psychedelic colors for 30-45 minutes. However, do not be
frightened. Your vision should return to normal. If this happens, I
suggest that you stop listening to brainwaves for a while.
- Some people report feeling exhausted and having abnormal
fluctuations in their circadian rhythm (irregular sleeping patterns)
one to two weeks after listening to Alpha waves. Your sleep patterns
should return to normal after about two weeks of not listening to
- It has also been reported that a person may have a photographic
memory for from about a few days to a week after listening to
brainwave synchronization. Very Rare.
- Many people have reported having vivid dreams after listening to
- Dilated pupils.
- Some people may see spots (which are often purple) and have eye
pain a few days to weeks after listening to Brainwave
- A week or two after listening to Alpha brainwaves, sudden stabbing
pains in the back of the head are common.
- Paranoia, sensitivity to lights, and sensitivity to sounds are
common a week or two after listening to Alpha.
- I have found that a week or two after listening to alpha brainwave
frequencies, I recall childhood memories. I also see
similarities in people's faces with people that I know or used
to know. This is very common.
I suggest that you discontinue use of brainwaves for a few
weeks if you are experiencing any of those side effects.
Beta Overload (12Hz-30Hz)
- Rapid heart beat.
- Pounding heart beats.
- Vivid Dreams
- Focused attention span
- Mood swings
- Obsessive Compulsive
Beta Overload Treatment
If you have listened to too much Beta waves, it can be
treated by simply listening to some Alpha waves. I recommend (8-10
Hz) for a few minutes to help you calm down.
If you have experienced any of these, or any other side effects after
listening to Brainwave Synchronization, email me at JeremyGreene70@hotmail.com